Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ECW 8th July 2008 reviewed.

This was a pretty awful show if I'm honest.

Opening with Miz & Morrison boring ppl on the mic.

Finlay vs The Miz. Finlays wins. Who cares about that match, I fast forwarded through it.

Braden Walker vs Armando Estrada. "Braden Walker" would be Chris Harris, formerly Wildcat Chris Harris of TNA. When did he jump ship or get fired then? I assume he'll be as badly used as Monty Brown (Marcus Van Cor to you WWE people) then? I was laughing at Tazz's "New Superstar Initiative" comments about Chris Harris. He's been around a fair while Tazz. He was the Fake Sting at WCW's Halloween Havoc in 2000. He worked for TNA from 2002, Wiki says he left TNA in Jan 11th 08 and WWE signed him on Jan 29th 08. It was nice that they didn't make him job to Estrada in his 1st tv match at least. I expect to see him being jobbed to the big names pretty soon though.

Evan Bourne v Nunzio. Evan Bourne (aka Matt Sydal, formerly of TNA and ROH).
Come on WWE & Tazz! The guy won & finished with a fucking AWESOME shooting star press and you missed the chance to call the move "Air-Bourne"? You uncreative fuckwitted cunts!

Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer. Sad excuse for a main event. Less than 6 minutes long. They had to call out a hall of famer to interefere. I assume the ref stopped this, classing it as a DQ on Henry for outside interference despite Tony Atlas announcing Mark Henry as winner.
I saw no pin or submission made by Henry so I'm going with my call of Tommy Dreamer winning off a dq from outside interference.

Very poor show, the former TNA and ROH alums made it a lot better than the WWE talent.

No comments: