Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Friday, February 29, 2008

WWE Friday Night Smackdown. 29th Feb 08 reviewed

My Review of this weeks Smackdown. I haven't seen Smackdown in over 4 years so this'll be an interesting experience. I'm reviewing it completely open minded. Just like my TNA reviews, the usual caveats apply I'll call it how I see it. I may use colourful language or curse or swear. If it's s**t, I'll say so. I won't apologise for not knowing who certain people are that WWE may have hired in the last 4 years.

I'm in a truly unique position after my review of a recent RAW show, once I've seen this, as an impartial observer I'll be able to tell all you loyal WWE fans exactly what kind of condition the WWE is actually in at the moment and I'll be honest but brutal . So on with the review:-

Show opens with the Wrestlemania news conference. YAWN!

2 on 1 handicap match - The Big Show vs Joey Ryan & Jay Garland. Obviously these 2 guys were jobbers, Show taking the predictable win. Rating? 0

Jamie Noble vs Chuck Palumbo - An overly long match, pretty dull really. Palumbo took the predictable win. Rating? A generous 2.

MVP & Khali vs Batista & Kane - Batista & Kane haven't changed in 4+ yrs, I don't know either of the other 2 guysl. MVP looks like a cheap Booker T impression, Khali smells of Giant Gonzalez wannabe. Not a great match, Khali was very short on moves. Likewise MVP. Batista got the win. Rating? 2

The Miz & John Morrison vs Festus & Jesse - Nobody I know in this one. Festus got the win. Rating? An overly generous 1

Big Daddy V vs Balls Mahony - Daddy V I remember as both face & heel when he was part of MOM. Balls I haven't seen work outside of ECW to be honest. This was actually quite watchable until Undertakers music kicked in. Result? A No Contest. Rating? 3.

Taker then bores us on the mic.

Zack Ryder vs The Undertaker - Taker took the win, very boring match. Rating? An extremely generous 1.

Well this was certainly a short show, they managed to do video packages of just about every star they have.

Thoughts on the state of the WWE.

All the matches were utterly awful and had no entertainment value what so ever.
If this is the best Smackdown has to offer then it's truly died on it's a**e. Rating it against RAW? The Raw show was longer and had the exact same amount of matches that Smackdown fitted into 45 minutes, 4 matches and 1 aborted match with no finish.
If those 2 shows are typical of what WWE is currently offering as a product today then Vince needs to look into finding a new avenue to invest his money in because WWE appears to have quite literally stopped working. It hasn't progressed in 4 years. All the workers I recognised don't seemed to advanced as either characters or in actual amount of talent. None of the new guys impressed me in the slightest and thats really sad as WWE's future lies in developing its new talent.

No comments: