Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ghost Hunters International S02E19 Pirates Of The Caribbean

Before I start this weeks review after being slammed by Brandy Green a week or so ago I would like to take a few moments just to explain exactly how these reviews are written. Basically I watch the show from start to finish once with Notepad open & I type as I watch, anything requiring more than a few moments to type I'll pause the show then write whatever occurred to me then start it back up again. Because I watch the show in that linear way sometimes what I say at the start might be disproved later but I'll always try to point that out.

Again in this weeks credits Joe Chinn is back, Scott Tepperman features but Brandy & Ashley are out yet again. Rather bizarrely before the investigation the team did a little bit of zip lining. No idea why, I guess they figured they needed what appeared to be a valid reason to goof off. All work & no play makes GHI members leave the show perhaps?

Fortaleza De San Fernando, Omoa Honduras.

Yet again this week Susan Slaughter was seriously rocking the language skills, I've no idea why they were blurring the images from the projector out (I am guessing copyright reasons or their actual content wasn't considered broadcastable). I did hear the thud that caused Susan to ask "Did you hear that", I didn't hear any footsteps which was their claim.

Whatever sound Scott & Joe reacted to also caused me to say "What was that?", very weird. As far as investigating the possibility of furniture moving theres a simple way to check that & thats to trace around each foot with chalk, Joe used tape by the looks of it which is just as effective.

I need to mark Robb down for saying PX09 which 99% of viewers will have zero clue what he means. I Googled, its a passive EMF detector but apparently according to the link I found "the PX09 is new and experimental it allows new opportunities, experimental procedures and potential", in other words its not actually tried & tested in any way, shape or form. In future Robb, just say "an EMF detector" so people know what you mean? You can read more about the PX09 here:- http://www.paradoxel...com/tp3px09.htm

When Robb says "What the hell was that" I had heard what sounded like something wooden being moved. Its impossible to confirm or deny Robbs "bass/subwoofer" noise due to the idiots at Pilgrim with their incidental background noises. Susan & Robb getting chills can't really be taken as anything as the location they were in was clearly open to the outside with no door as the rain was so loud.

Barry must have super hearing to hear "someone walking out there" as all I could hear were the very loud birds, even when he went to check it out the only walking I could hear was him & the camera guy following him. Quite funny that only Barrys thick Irish accent can make the word Pirate sound like the word Parrot. The "drag" noises Barry & Joe could hear sounded to me like a train going by in the distance (I live fairly near a railway track & it sounded very familiar indeed), however after investigating the location on Google Maps I was unable to locate any train tracks anywhere near it.

Robb seems to be VERY inconsistant. He didn't mind explaining what the EFP (EVP Field Processor) was but didn't explain what the PX09 was? The electronic "alarm" noise you heard I think came from the PX09 as it does do that according to that URL I listed earlier. I think as far as ANY EMF readings gained outside all of them have to be discounted after seeing the sheet lightning.

Analysis & Reveal:- I didn't hear anything on the 1st EVP Susan presented before you hear Robb talk. Likewise I heard nothing on the EVP where their asking if they speak Spanish. It was cool to see the needle of the Tri-field meter move, I wasn't 100% sure if I saw that during the actual show but it was good to confirm it. It seems they had pre-briefed the client on the EVP's yet again (Barry holding his finger up to prompt the guy exactly when he was supposed to hear the sound was a dead give away too), the fact he knew exactly what it said was a bit of a give away as well.

It also appears Susan has now taken on the role of Case Manager from Brandy who we hear is either leaving or has already left the show. She has nothing but my best wishes in whatever future endeavours she chooses to pursue. Once again there was no sign of Karl Pfeiffer so I guess we have to now positively conclude he did only record one show.

No comments: