Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kindle battery life

My Kindle has just had its 2nd charge of just over 3 hours and its now in sleep mode.

wed 13th April 2011, 6.46pm
Date and approx time being noted, I will blog again when I get the next low battery report as the 1st one happened in less than 7 days.

Its now Monday 2nd May 2011, I've been on half power for about a day or so now. If we make it to the 4th that'll be 3 weeks.

Crap, it looks like I forgot to log the day the Kindle died from the above experiment. I know it made it past the 4 week mark and was on the 1st or 2nd day of the 5th week when it died.

Mon 30th May 2011, the Kindle gave a low battery report at about 1am this morning, I was able to carry on reading for another hour then I put it on charge. This experiment had been using sleep mode only, the Kindle lived for 17 days of usage. Proof positive that turning the Kindle off uses less battery than sleep mode.

Sun 12th June 2011 6:46pm
Just had my first technical problem with the Kindle, the screen kept "ghosting" or leaving after images of the text from the previous page each time I did a page turn. Intially hard resets fixed it but it came back after the first page turn. Did a software update to version 3.1 which appears to have fixed the issue.

Pretty annoying that the device is less than 2 months old and is already having tech problems. It doesn't bode well for a long life.

1 comment:

brittanymlemay said...

As the battery design has changed, 901 batteries are not compatible with 701 or 900. Which meas that you can't use cheap 3rd party batteries for 701/900 on 901 either.. 8x battery