Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Friday, July 24, 2009

Finally bought a dedicated graphics card

After putting up with the inboard Intel graphics chip that gave an ok picture but lags like a bastard even on certain flash internet browser games I finally purchased a Sapphire RADEON 9250 PCI 128MB card today off Ebay. I've heard there can be quite a few issues about installing a PCI graphics card into a Lenovo like mine so I will document the complete procedure when it finally arrives. Watch this space for more details.

At least I know the card WILL fit inside the machine and it should be ok for power too, I have read that possible stumbling blocks may involve flashing my systems BIOS, disabling the current onboard chip in the BIOS and altering other BIOS settings where necessary.

No comments: