Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My TNA Weekly Catch-up, Impact 1st may 08

I'm going to try & review these weekly now or as often as I can get hold of them. The usual caveats apply, the views are my own, I don't cut N paste then try & pretend I created it. My language may get colourful but I don't make any excuses for it because real people speak like that. I'm glad people are enjoying the reviews (thanks for your comments Laney K!) because I enjoy writing them. All feedback on the Catch-up will be answered. I didn't write ANY WWE reviews this week due to someone else already covering most of the shows in depth & saying how s**t they were. I didn't even bother watching them.

TNA Impact 1st May 2008 - Tag Match, Curry Man & Shark Boy vs The Motor City Machine Guns. Well on the face of it this sounded like a damn good match, lots of people who are inovative & into high risk. I could watch any of these guys all day. every day & never get bored. If you can't get over working against 1 of these chaps then your never going to. They look fluid, they have great moves & its rare to see no-sells, botched spots or moves badly performed. This was a great match up until the Scott Steiner & Petey Williams entrance resulted in a no-contest.

That's just Russo showing you how little he has left to offer TNA other than his resignation which is so badly wanted by so many right now. This could have had a clean finish with an actual result for 1 team, it wouldn't have mattered who won because they both worked hard. Not giving either team the win is just a slap in the face to them both as far as I'm concerned. That's the kind of stuff you expect from WWE, not TNA. Well done Russo, not only are you a complete & utter c**t but you've f**ked up the entire show in the 1st match. W**KER!

Deuces Wild Tag Team Tournament Qualifying Match, Eric Young & Kaz vs LAX. At least we know after the decision made at the last Tag Title defence match that Super Eric CAN NOT win for this team. Essentially that kills the gimmick (I hope, because it's AWFUL!), which is a good thing as teaming with Young is totally killing Kaz's current push. This was all LAX, Kaz never really got a look-in. Homicide took the win off a quick roll-up off Young. LAX call Hector Guerrerro into the ring to give him big respect asking him to be in their corner @ Sacrifice. Well I only predicted this about a year ago, someone has clearly been reading the archives of my reviews. I expect a cheque for that idea as well, you thieving bastards!

Knockout Tag Grudge Match, Angelina Love & Velvet Sky vs Gail Kim & ODB. Clearly someone in TNA Creative has taken a fancy to Love & Sky as their getting a push as heels at the moment and are quite the flavour of the month. Although Love & Sky were on top for the most of this, ODB took the win from the running powerslam. Exactly how much of a Davey Boy Smith fan was ODB then as she always reminds me of him when she does that move?

Deuces Wild Tag Team Tournament Qualifying Match, Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave vs AJ Styles & Super Eric. Oh dear, I thought Young & Kaz getting knocked out was going to be the death of that gimmick but sadly it appears not. I predicted a win for Eric & AJ from the bell & I was right with Super Eric winning off The Death Valley Driver. Save me from the madness!

Knockout Womens Match, Daisy Haze (Formerly of ROH) vs Cheerleader Melissa (this is Awesome Kong's manager Raisha Saeed using her old Indie gimmick but it's nice to finally see what she looks like under that burkha - hot as hell!). A quick Wiki of Daisy says in the past she's managed Abyss, Alex Shelley & Jimmy Rave (it'd be WAY cool to see her valet or manage The Motor City Machine Guns then!). I really enjoyed this match, both girls worked their asses off with Haze taking some great hard looking bumps & selling big time for Melissa. Cheerleader Melissa took the win from a wicked looking finisher. Hopefully TNA will fully hire Haze soon, she'd be a good addition to the womens division.

Tag Match, Scott Steiner & Petey Williams vs Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe. This was a match I could do without, I don't care enough about anyone taking part to pass any comment other than the result. Samoa Joe won off the musclebuster. S**t match!

Cornette announces the 8 people for the tag qualifiers. Matt Morgan, Kip James, BG James, James Storm, Booker T, Robert Roode, Sting & Awesome Kong (WTF? Is it even legal for a woman to co-hold the tag belt?).

No comments: