Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Google Chrome - A Warning!

There are a few things it might be worth knowing about Google Chrome.
Even if you are only running 1 browser window with no tabs open there are 3 (count them in program manager like I did!) versions of chrome.exe all running at once. And don't think you can get clever and close one of them because closing ANY of them will kill your current browser.

Chrome can and WILL overload your RAM and virtual memory too, especially if you are a player of Flash and SWF games on sites like Kongregate. Today I almost crashed my machine playing Penguinz, Chrome decided it wanted 1.06 gigs (yes, GIGS!) worth of virtual memory to play the game making it so slow it almost stopped. It even requested my full 2 gigs of RAM to try and use as virtual memory. I have now stopped using it until they rewrite the code so when you load 1 browser window you only get 1 instance of chrome.exe running. It also needs to learn how to process memory better.

So be warned! Google Chrome is not as great as its made out to be!

No comments: