Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ghosts, my personal experiences

I've had a few experiences during my life, 1st and most vivid was as a child and the house we lived in had 2 distinct ghosts. 1 was male for sure though he was never seen, he was just a dark figure and an evil presence. He loved to scare people and frequently turned the upstairs lights off, I am pretty certain it was him that pushed me down our stairs. The other ghost was very nice, very kind.


A lovely older women who I saw several times as a figure, she was always a white figure and you could make out her face and torso but she sometimes sat on my bed, it was almost as thought she guarded my room and kept the darker male entity out. Many times I woke up feeling a weight on the end of the bed and she would be sitting there just watching me and smiling. I must admit I never felt scared when I saw her.


When I was in the RAF serving at High Wycombe, we had a very active but nice non-hostile ghost. Under the unit are a bunch of concrete tunnels which were put there when the camp was built a long time ago. In 1 of the tunnels that branches off a building called B Block there were filing cabinets belonging to the Air Staff Registry (I used to work there in my real job). 


The only people who can draw keys to go into that tunnel were people who work in Air Staff & the RAF Police. There were 2 lots of keys, one kept in B Block reception, the other lot kept in the RAF Police HQ on the unit. 


Normally you don't find out about the ghost until someone has sent you down to the tunnels to get old files and then come back about 20 mins later (They were long tunnels and the filing cabinets lined 1 entire wall from door at 1 end to door at the other end in a different building). 1st time I went down my mate jokingly mentioned "There's a ghost down there, but he's cool." 


So off I went, drew the keys, unlocked the door, turned on the light and closed and locked the main door behind me (something we were required to do due to the nature of the files stored there) and merrily wandered my way down the tunnel looking for the 15 cabinets I needed files from. I was humming to myself and it took me 11 mins to find the 1st and nearest cabinet. (I told you it was a long tunnel!) I unlocked it, got my file and put it back on top of the cab, and left it unlocked but shut firmly. 


I'd had to pull very hard to open the drawers so I knew how difficult it was. Looking at the file list I realised it would be easier to get the files from the bottom of the list next as they were the furthest distance from the main door. Off I headed and it took me about another 10 mins to make it to the final cab on the list. 


While I was looking for the key to unlock it (I had over 200) I heard the sound of a filing cabinet being pulled open. So I called out (not expecting any response) "Is that the ghost? It's ok if it is, I'm on my own and I'm friendly!" Big cabinet rattling noise. So I decide I'm gonna just talk to Whatever is there as I'm working. I get my next set of files from the cab and lock it right away and move to the next cab nearest the door, another 2 min walk. I get all my other files (A total of 30 but they were all dead thin) and made my way back to that 1st cabinet. And it was open. 


A totally different drawer from the one I'd opened. So I closed and locked it, grabbed my other file and called out "Thanks for helping me, I'm going now. I'm leaving you in peace" and walked rather briskly to the main door, let myself out and locked it behind me. When signing the keys back in the Policeman taking it back said "You were with the ghost then?" and I just said "Yeah, can you tell?" and he said "We can always tell" and smiled. 


When I went back upstairs my mate told me what the ghost normally does and it was pretty close to what had happened to me. In the remaining time I went down the tunnels 12 times and had 3 further experiences with the ghost. 1 Alone and 2 with 1 other person there. 1 with the same friend who'd told me about what the ghost did normally after that 1st time (the ghost rattled 3 cabs and opened 2 drawers. 


The drawers and the cabs that ghost opens ALWAYS contain information about flight safety that pertain to plane crash investigations so we think he must have been someone who crashed). The 2nd experience was with a female staff member who screamed the place down when the ghost decided to turn off the lights in the tunnel. Fortunately I'd been told on a different occasion that the ghost did this very rarely but normally when females were down there and was carrying a torch). 

The ghost also rattled several cabs and opened a drawer. We were both clinging to the opposite wall and she was practically breaking my hand she was holding on so tight. I took her to the other light switch which was by the opposite end of the tunnel, 12 mins walk by torch light, us 2 calling out to the ghost "Just be cool, we're going to go as soon as we're finished".


Hell-Fire Caves, High Wycombe. I know when I visited that place in 1993 I was told by the woman on the gate only 1 other patron was inside & I met him coming out of the tunnel. I also recall going into the big round room & meeting a tall chap in a very smart period outfit who I said hello to and he nodded back at me but didn't speak.

 I just thought he was a guide, or employee being ignorant. I said to the woman on the gate "I thought there was just me and 1 other person in there who I saw coming out, who was the big dude in the costume? One of your staff? Because he wouldn't even say hello" and the woman on the gate just looked at me and pretty much described the guy to a tee then told me he was one of the apparitions reported by people. 


I said I was glad I didn't know that when I went in as I would have freaked out! Even so I was pretty skittish in there all on my own, I was glad to see other living people on my way back up from the lower levels. At least I got some comfort because they said hello back :-) Or he was an employee? I was told he wasn't. And other people who I'd known who had also been there after I visited did say there were no costumed employees, only the people on the gate doing the souvenir stall & cafe

No comments: