Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The mystery beep - SOLVED

Over the last day or so I have noticed this beep in my room, its something that goes beep (but not very loudly) every 30-40 seconds or so as regular as clockwork. And tracking down its source has become very annoying. Last night I was convinced it was my CPU fan or one of my hard drives but I eliminated those as possibilities after the pc had been switched off for several hours and the beeping continued.

So I thought perhaps it might be my vcr so I unplugged it, sure enough still more beeping. With that eliminated I unplugged my digital set top box but the beep carried on. So I unplugged the tv. I actually killed power to every electrical device in the room apart from the lightbulb and even with that switched off the beep still continues. I think to eliminate everything electric as a source I am going to have to kill power to everything for at least a couple of hours to make sure there is no residual power to them. I guess I will write an update after I have tried that.

UPDATE:- After having killed power for over 5 hours I am still no closer to knowing what the source of the beep is but have a few theories.
1) Its the telly. I know it has no power but possibly something inside it does?
2) Its not in the room or electrical in source at all, I think its a bird or bug outside the room near the window.

Theory 2 is the most likely to be honest, I know there are birds near my window and they make some right weird noises sometimes.

UPDATE:- It appears that completely by accident Gareth found the source of the beep, its next doors alarm system cycling.

No comments: