Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The mystery of the bad burns

I have been using Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 since it went up from version 6 and recently its been creating a lot of coasters with bad or incomplete burns. I tried slower speeds, different media and even upgrading the firmware on my Samsung TS-552U all to no avail. Even burns at 8x were crapping out on media cleared to 16x so I figured the burner was on its last legs as its about 5 or 6 years old now. Then I tried different software which seemed to work ok and set alarm bells ringing so I upgraded Ashampoo to version 8 and tried that.

Burnt at 8x, no problems all ok. It seems the longer you stick with an older version the more likely it'll crap out on you.

No comments: