Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Friday, June 20, 2008

Movie Review - Saving Private Ryan

I saw this with my 3 brothers when it was released. It was the first time i've ever sat all the way through and not uttered a sound until the film was finished. That's saying something. the film was incredible in the cinema. Next watching was on DVD. the whole film all the way through with no breaks. again, the film was awesome. And today i've just seen it again on the TV.

The film does get better each time I see it. I notice more and more things, recognize more actors and notice more mistakes. Things that annoy me. Hanks salutes his superior when he goes for his "find Ryan" briefing but his translator is chastised for doing the same, why? The men that don't spot the Panzerfaust leaning against the wall when their trying to stop the 25mm gun from flanking them. It's right there in plain view in the middle of the screen leaning against a wall and not one of 4 men spotted it.

This time I did see Ted Danson and that Vin Diesel. Second time in a week for the guy who played Phoebe's brother in Friends to be on telly (he's also been on twice in Gone In 60 Seconds). The film is excellent. If your considering ever joining the military of ANY country, watch it.

No comments: