Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Movie Review - Super Size Me

Incredible Look Inside the Fast Food Business! I'd been curious about this film since I 1st heard about it when it entered cinema's. Initially it didn't interest me and I didn't want to go and see it. I was curious but I wasn't going to pay cinema prices to watch it. I had the same kind of feelings when it became available on DVD and video, but finally I got my chance to see it when it was shown on UK TV this week on channel 4.

This film follows Morgan Spurlock (No, I don't know who he is either) and his special diet. His diet or plan to eat 3 meals a day at McDonalds for 30 days. He starts out by having medical exams, blood tests and so on to check his health, fitness and many other things. Morgan has made a promise, he will only ever super-size a meal if he is asked by a salesperson (something that happened 9 times in his 30 days.

Shortly after eating his 1st super-size meal on day 3 Morgan was violently sick. Not something I really needed to see, but we were shown his vomit for a good long time to make sure if we didn't realize what had happened from him putting his head out the car window & making very loud vomit noises. The film shows how easy it is for Morgan to buy food at McDonalds and how quickly he becomes not only addicted to them but also made sick, lethargic and gains weight.

Near the end of this film Morgan is given a very sharp shock of how badly his liver is being effected by the food he is eating. This film should shock everyone who watches it and give a very clear message about how fast food can't damage your health. Directly due to this film the Supersize portion was removed by McDonalds.

No comments: