Reviews of Wrestling, Movies, TV and much more! Strong language has been censored by me for blog content

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Movie Review - Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Who the were-rabbit was, was obvious. I'd guessed that way before it was revealed. Lots of aardman characters show up, like frank the creature comforts tortoise as a security device. I also saw the lurpak butter guy as one of the church door-posts. The whole king Kong skit, the snoopy & red baron skit. Lots of little throw-away gags which most people will want to buy the DVD to watch. I think a lot of the plot and some running gags were thrown away as maybe too hard to do in the time limit to get the film into cinemas.

The film is visually excellent. It looks so nice, the CGI doesn't show too much. Some of the models look a little weird. A few of the Wallace models look a bit weird, it's hard to explain what I exactly mean. He doesn't look right. The film could have done with being a bit longer, maybe 20 minutes or so more in length. I enjoyed it, I switched off my brain, ignored the goofs, gaffs and mistakes (which is normally quite hard for me not to do). It was pleasantly stupid. Go see it or wait for the DVD.

No comments: